So I’ve never really understood/heard/been nominated for any awards on WordPress before – UNTIL now. Thank you to Louise from http://babygatesdown.wordpress.com for nominating me for the “Liebster Award.” You’re my first nominator!
Liebster Award – A Brief History (Courtesy, twice removed, by Lorraine Ruguly – http://lorrainemariereguly.wordpress.com)
The Liebster is a blog award, given to bloggers by other bloggers. Specifically, the intention is to give it to new, or less followed bloggers (generally under either 100 or 200 followers; but sometimes as high as under 1000 or 3000 followers) to recognize them and welcome them to the blogosphere. Other awards are a part of the “meme“ as well, including the “Sunshine Blog Award”.
The word “liebster” is German, and has several definitions, but basically means dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, valued … (you get the point).
Variations to the “rules” for accepting the award (as well as the appearance of the award) have been made over time, but generally it appears to be:
- Link back to the one who brung ya to the dance (ie: the blogger who nominated you);
- Post the award to your site somewhere;
- Answer your nominator’s (generally but not always) 11 questions;
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers and notify them; and,
- Pose (generally but not always) 11 questions for them to answer.
If you receive a nomination, you must pay it forward, in order to accept it.
(I will do that once I answer these questions)
1. Why do you blog?
I blog because I enjoy it and because somewhere deep down inside me I believe that others will obtain some level of enjoyment from it too. I think most writers like to think that.
2. If you could be anyone for one day, who would it be?
That is a good question. I like being me but if I was forced to choose, I suppose I would be a music star. Just for a day. It would be nice to feel their dysfunctions to help mine look better 🙂
3. Favourite movie?
All and any movies with Keanu Reeves and/or Brandon Fraser. It’s a weird thing, I know.
4. Do you like to dance?
Not in front of people. I can vividly recall the days when I went out to clubs, always as the DD, and was forced to dance with my drunk friends. Unless you are drinking too, dancing for me, was never fun.
5. What is your ideal evening out of the house?
Going out for dinner with my hubster, Dadzilla. I love dates with him. He makes me laugh so much.
6. Did you make a New Year’s Resolution? If yes, have you kept it?
I did make one and yes I have kept it, mostly. I resolved to stop making up excuses for the way that I do things in order to make others feel comfortable. I have done well thus far.
7. Favourite quote?
Truthfully, I don’t have one. I would have to Google a quote to put one here and that would defeat the purpose of this question.
8. Rich and okay or poor and truly happy?
Ugh. My high taste side says rich and okay. Mostly because I believe that I could and can balance my happiness and money dreams. I don’t believe that being rich makes your automatically miserable. Misery falls everywhere, be it poor or rich.
9. Do you believe that work-life balance exists?
Yup, I live it.
10. Chips, candy or what’s your poison?
Cookies. Lots of cookies. Cookies at night when I’m feeding my baby. Cookies when no one is looking. Cookies any time I need a cookie, cookie.
So there are my answers, which means I accept this nomination and will proudly display my first Liebster award.
Now as per the rules, that I had to read at least four times, I nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award:
Here are my 11 questions for you:
1. What impact do you think you have on other bloggers?
2. Is it pink or salmon on men?
3. Coffee or tea?
4. Writing with a pen and paper or a keyboard?
5. Love or lust?
6. What would your partner say is your best and worst quality?
7. Finish this line, “I started out on a narrow way, many years ago. Hoping I would find…?”
8. Pizza or wings?
9. Planes or boats and why?
10. Who would you rather meet? Shania Twain or Toby Keith?
11. Why do you blog?
These nominations have given my reader lots of interesting/intriguing thoughts, laughs or just plain good ideas.